Thomas Denagamage, BVSc, MS, PhD
- BVSc: University of Peradeniya
- MS: Iowa State University
- PhD: Penn State University
Post-Doctoral Research Associate: College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University.
Veterinarian: Department of Animal Production & Health, Sri Lanka.
Dr. Arnold S Rosenwald award - 2011: Annual meeting of the American Association of Avian Pathologist, St. Louis, Missouri.
1. Longitudinal Monitoring of Successive Commercial Layer Flocks for Salmonella enterica Serovar Enteritidis. Denagamage TN, Patterson P, Wallner-Pendleton E, Trampel D, Shariat N, Dudley EG, Jayarao BM, Kariyawasam S. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2016 Oct 28.
2. Risk Factors Associated With Salmonella in Laying Hen Farms: Systematic Review of Observational Studies. Denagamage T, Jayarao B, Patterson P, Wallner-Pendleton E, Kariyawasam S. Avian Dis. 2015 Jun;59(2):291-302.
3. Process mapping the prevalence of Salmonella contamination on pork carcass from slaughter to chilling: a systematic review approach. O'Connor AM, Wang B, Denagamage T, McKean J. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2012 May;9(5):386-95
4. Using the systematic review methodology to evaluate factors that influence the persistence of influenza virus in environmental matrices. Irwin CK, Yoon KJ, Wang C, Hoff SJ, Zimmerman JJ, Denagamage T, O'Connor AM. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011 Feb;77(3):1049-60.
5. The association between sub-therapeutic antibiotics and Salmonella Typhimurium in market-weight swine: a systematic review and summation of evidence from 1950 to 2007. Denagamage T, O'Connor A, Sargeant J, McKean J. Zoonoses Public Health. 2010 Dec;57(7-8):e14-22.
6. Feeding management practices and feed characteristics associated with Salmonella prevalence in live and slaughtered market-weight finisher swine: a systematic review and summation of evidence from 1950 to 2005. O'Connor AM, Denagamage T, Sargeant JM, Rajić A, McKean J. Prev Vet Med. 2008 Nov 17;87(3-4):213-28.
7. Efficacy of vaccination to reduce Salmonella prevalence in live and slaughtered swine: a systematic review of literature from 1979 to 2007. Denagamage TN, O'Connor AM, Sargeant JM, Rajić A, McKean JD. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2007 Winter;4(4):539-49.
8. Prevalence of calves persistently infected with bovine viral diarrhea virus in beef cow-calf herds enrolled in a voluntary screening project. O'Connor AM, Reed MC, Denagamage TN, Yoon KJ, Sorden SD, Cooper VL. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2007 Jun 1;230(11):1691-6.