Why Major in Veterinary Medicine?
Academic program goals and reasons to major in Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences.
Choose this major if you want to:
- prepare for veterinary school, medical school, or other professional schools with a biomedical focus
- apply scientific principles to real-life situations in animal care
- focus on issues like biosecurity, food safety, and control of animal disease
- Students will exhibit specialized competencies in veterinary and
biomedical sciences based upon a solid grounding in the physical and
- Students will have access to meaningful research and clinical
and the professional development that accompanies such training.
will have access to international academic and professional experiences.
- Graduates will demonstrate collaborative learning, critical thinking,
research skills, as well as skills to communicate effectively to
professional and lay audiences.
- Graduates will be prepared to succeed in industry, government,
research, and in graduate and professional study.
- Students will relate and apply their expertise to a broader health